Guy Garofalo will be retiring from State Auto on 8/1/17. Fred Taverne, Commercial Insurance Manager, is looking to hire an experienced Connecticut account executive who has both commercial underwriting & agency management experience, understanding of the CT marketplace and strong agency relations. The position will have full commercial underwriting authority. A summary of the job description follows and interested candidates can apply from the State Auto website, www.stateauto.com. You can call Fred in confidence at 860-652-6801, to discuss this opportunity.
Working in the Connecticut territory, manages the overall agency relationship by marketing and selling company products and services while working closely with an underwriting team to underwrite and service accounts. Develops agency business plans to drive profitable growth of new and renewal business opportunities within the assigned territory.
1. Effectively manages agents by developing and enhancing working relationships to write and retain business that falls within the organization risk appetite. Partners with regional leadership to develop agency business plans that drive targeted sales growth and profitability.
2. Utilizes sales/marketing skills to effectively drive market penetration and grow new business opportunities.
3. Foster collaboration within the regional team to support superior customer service. Works directly with underwriting team to evaluate and manage risk selection and quoting. Responds to customer service issues and inquiries while providing a solutions approach.
4. Monitors market conditions for changes in competitiveness to adapt selling skills and creating a value proposition to close on an account. Actively participates in regional agency/industry associates meetings and events.
5. Effectively coordinates and leads client meetings and presentations. Drives new business by developing agency opportunities for growth.